I present to a wide variety of groups, so even if I present the same thing twice, I will always tweak the presentation slightly, tailoring it to the audience. That said, this list doesn’t include every version of every presentation I’ve given. If you’re looking for a particular talk that I gave that is not on this list, please email me.
- “The Economics of Downtown Revitalization” (April 2023). Part of the University of Wisconsin Extension “Lunch-n-Learn” Webinar Series.
- “Economic Development and Community Development: The Distinction Matters, Especially in Rural Areas” (April 2023). Keynote at the Red River Leadership Institute in Broken Bow, OK.
- “The Economic Value of Placemaking in Rural Oklahoma” (October 2022). Invited talk at the Rural Renewal Symposium in Stillwater, OK.
- “Senior-Oriented Housing in Rural Main Street Communities” (September 2023). Pre-recorded AARP Innovation Showcase presentation.
- “Using the Grammar of Graphics in Applied Economic Research” (September 2022). Invited workshop at University of Illinois Department of Agricultural & Consumer Economics in Urbana, IL.
- “Data Literacy for Rural Economies” (December 2022). Training given to Extension educators in Ada, OK.
- “What is Rural Economic Development? Developing Rural Scholars Guest Lecture” (April 2023). Guest lecture at Oklahoma State University Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership department
- “Rural Development in Theory and Practice Making a Small Difference in Small Local Economies” (December 2022). Guest lecture at University of Oklahoma Regional & City Planning department.